OpenBuilds (BlackBox) PLH3D-CNC Adapter Kit
The PLH3D-CNC Adapter for OpenBuilds CNC machines with BlackBox Controller is designed to make electrical connections between the laser head and the Workbee, LEAD, Sphinx (and other OpenBuilds CNC machines), easier and quicker. It also increases the safety level of laser operations.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Individual Kit Parts
Parts included in the OpenBuilds PLH3D-CNC Adapter Kit are listed above, in the section “Individual Kit Parts”
About the OpenBuilds PLH3D-CNC Adapter Kit
- quick and simple connection of PLH3D-6W Series laser head to OpenBuilds CNC machines
- safety features like keylock, arm/stop button, optional external stop buttons, and sensors
- simple status mode and diagnostics LED indicators,
- external power supply with North America, Europe, and UK plugs
About PLH3D-CNC Adapter
The key function of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter is to “arm” and “disarm” the laser head. Arming means turning the head power supply on; the armed head is then able to generate laser beam. Disarming (turning the head power supply off) brings the laser head in a safe state where generating laser beam is fully impossible.
Built-in safety means prevent misuse and unexpected behavior at emergency. The key switch protects the laser head against arming by children and other unauthorized persons. Arming the laser head is always done manually by the user, by pressing a button. A special circuitry prevents arming at any malfunction of internal electronics. The laser head is being automatically disarmed in case of emergency: loss of the mains supply, PSU failure, breaking or disconnecting the laser head cable. After disarming, the system remains in a safe state and rearming always requires pressing the button by the user.
Further safety may be added to the system by using up to 2 external switches (eg. limit switch, key switch, e-stop).
There is also an additional extensions connector for future needs.
Key features of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter:
- Safe start
- Test laser pulse
- Indication LEDs - power, armed, laser and setting of enable modes
- Compatible with the PLH3D laser heads
- Can be configured for matching with most of CNC machines and 3D printers