The detailed description of the distinct parts of the Adapter:
- LASER HEAD CONNECTOR
- Attach the laser head cable here.
- EXTERNAL SWITCH CONNECTOR
- Up to two external switches (e.g., a limit switch, a key switch, or an e-stop) that arm/disarm the laser head can be connected to the PLH3D-CNC Adapter. When not using a switch, replace it with a jumper wire.
- Opening any external switch disarms the laser head immediately.
- Then, even if the switch has been closed again, the system will stay disarmed. The mode button must be pressed to rearm the laser head.
- EXTENSIONS CONNECTOR
- Intended for future applications.
- POWER SUPPLY CONNECTOR
- Plug in an external 15-24V DC power supply here. We strongly recommend using a dedicated power supply unit exclusively for the PLH3D-CNC Adapter.
- CONTROL CONNECTOR
- Controlling inputs and outputs are attached here.
- MODE BUTTON
- Pressing the mode button once will arm the laser head. Doing so will cause the ARMED LED indicator to light up, implying the laser head is in the armed state; the fan in the laser head starts to work as well. To disarm the laser head, press and release the button again.
- A test laser pulse can be generated in the armed state by pressing and holding the mode button for at least 1.5 seconds. An approximately one-second-long pulse at 100% power is then issued on the laser head control line. The LASER LED lights up, confirming the appearance of the pulse. A single pulse will be generated even if the button is held for longer. Please refer to "Getting Started" section.
- Holding the mode button while turning the power on activates the configuration mode. For further details, please visit the For Advanced Users section.
- LED STATUS INDICATORS
- The POWER LED shows the presence of power and also signals supply errors.
- The ARMED LED shows the arming state. Furthermore, it also signals both disarming by an external switch and disconnecting the laser head.
- The LASER LED shows the presence of the laser head controlling signal (a steady one or a pulse-like). Note that controlling the laser head is disabled in the disarmed state.
- In configuration mode, the LEDs show the current option(s). Refer to the For Advanced Users section. For adapters sold after 20-July-2020, the currently set Enable Option will be displayed for 1 second after turning the switch key on.
- For adapters sold after 20-July-2020, the currently set Enable Option will be displayed for 1 second after turning the switch key on.
- KEY SWITCH
- Turn the key switch clockwise to the upper position to switch the PLH3D-CNC Adapter on.
Turn the key switch counterclockwise to the left position to switch the PLH3D-CNC Adapter off.
Applicable to PLH3D-CNC adapters sold after 20-July-2020:
- Enable Option Check at Power-on.
After turning the key switch ON, the current Enable Option setting will be displayed with indication LEDs for a second. Please refer to the table with Enable Option LED combinations, which can be found in the PLH3D-CNC Adapter Settings subsection, namely PLH3D-CNC Settings Table. After a second, the display of the currently selected Enable Option LED combination will disappear. The LEDs will then show the status of the device and the adapter will be ready for use.
For more details about the "Enable Options", please visit the For Advanced Users subsection.